House of 90 year old citizen raided by police 111 times

  • actual
  • 09:56 20 April 2021
  • |
img
ŞIRNAK - The house of Ebubekir Yağarcık who had to migrate to Cizre because his village was evacuated by the Turkish soldiers in the 90's was raided 111 times. Yağarcık who has been tortured, detained and arrested multiple times said: "The state never allowed itself to be forgotten but I never kneeled before them."
 
Yağarcık migrated to the Cizre district of Şırnak during 90's. The house of Yağarcık located in the Cudi neighborhood has been raided by the police 111 times so far. Ebubekir Yağarcık who had to move a lot to avoid these raids, spoke to Mesopotamia Agency (MA) and said: "I will never forgive what the Turkish state have done to us."
 
TORTURED AND ELECTROCUTED FOR 8 DAYS
 
Stating that he was jailed for 13 months when he was first detained, Yağarcık said: "They were attacking the Kurds from all sides back in the 90's. I was held in prison for 13 months when I was first taken into custody. Again, in 1993, my house was raided and I was tortured for 2 hours. They electrocuted me for 8 days. They starved me for 8 days. I had done nothing. I was innocent. There were no evidence against me proving I was 'guilty'. I was arrested with the accusation of 'aiding and abetting a terrorist organization' and sent to Diyarbakır High Security Prison with 12 other people. They put 7 of us in a cell. We were afraid. They could have killed us and get away with it. We had to raise our voices in order not to be killed. I banged on the doorof the cell non stop. The people I was arrested with me asked me what I was doing. I told them they would kill us if we didn't make some noise and we had to make some noise to survive. I was released after 3 months."
 
EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY HAS BEEN DETAINED AT LEAST ONCE
 
Explaining the systematic police raids, Yağarcık said: "All of my children have been detained at least once. From my 20-year-old son to 8-year-old daughter. Everytime they broke down our door and stormed our house and tried to make us kneel. I have never kneeled before them. Not even once."
 
THEY MADE MY SON WAIT NAKED IN THE RAIN
 
Pointing out that his son was made to wait in the rain naked during a raid, Yağarcık said: "They stripped my son and made him wait under the rain. I was very angry, I told them 'Kill him but don't do that'. I hope God never forgets this either. During a raid in 2020 I asked the police chief, "You have raided and searched my house 111 times. You have never found anything. Why are you doing this?" I told them this was a shame for Turkey. I will never forgive and never forget what Turkey has done to me. And the state never allows us to forget it anyway."
 
Stating that he will never forget what the state done to his family, Yağarcık said: "My whole life has been spent with these bad things. Now I am 90 years old. The only thing I want to see in my life is peace and tranquility. What I want from the Kurds is that they never give up on being Kurdish. They should speak Kurdish, fight back in Kurdish. I Turkish state can never be clean and good for me after all these persecution, bloodshed and massacres. Even Nemrud did not do to his people what the state had done to the Kurds. I will never forgive them."
 
 
MA / Zeynep Durgut
 
 

View More Articles

29/11/2022
12:42 Message from imprisoned women journalists: We never owed obedience to the oppressors
12:03 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
12:03 Families of Zekeriya and Komar, killed in Piranşar, tell their story
28/11/2022
17:17 SDF: 90 attacks carried out against civil settlements
15:37 Rally against 'war and invasion' in Gever
15:03 Şenyaşar family: Our home is here in front of this court
12:27 Iraqi President meets with Federated Kurdistan delegation
11:10 Free Press under arrest for a month: We are being prosecuted for journalism
10:31 Women breaks the wall of fear in Mahabad
27/11/2022
14:45 November 26 balance sheet from the SDF
14:29 Şenyaşar family: We will not lose hope
14:24 Bodies of 17 Turkish soldiers brought to Hakkari
12:18 Turkisg air strike on Minix Airport
12:16 Prosecutor considers attending youth congress a crime
12:16 29 year story of ill prisoner Güler
10:13 Journalist Çelkî, voice of the Yazidis
09:27 Turkish attack on Rojava continued all night
09:26 People won't step back in Mahabad
26/11/2022
17:27 SDF announced its balance sheet on November 24-25
16:03 Abdi: We are prepared for the attack, we will resist
15:50 2 detentions in Şırnak
14:53 30 detentions in Amed
14:42 A soldier and a ranger died in the conflict.
14:35 Prisoners from Kurdistan banner are held in Police Department
14:28 Özgür Gündem distributor Adnan Işık was murdered 29 years ago
14:19 The lawyer of prisoners, who has no two hands: State is taking revenge
13:50 PKK; claimed to be annihilated in 6 hours, left behind 45 years
10:54 'Assimilation continues with arbitrary ban of Kurdish concerts'
10:26 Sürücü: The isolation on Abdullah Öcalan must end
10:10 Expert 'could not find' police violence: Everyone hits everyone
09:12 Xoy and Urmia: The people suffered greatly from the Iranian regime
25/11/2022
15:50 SDF announces the outcome of Turkish aggressions on November 24
13:38 Indictment prepared against Fincancı
13:37 Ji HSD’ê daxuyaniya ‘parastina rewa’
13:36 Attacks against North and East Syria continue
13:23 Shehba and Zirgan were shelled
13:08 Journalist Boran: Russia allowed Turkey's attack in return for relocation of HTŞ
13:06 Prof. Dr. Aktar: Domestic and national consensus was formed when the issue was Kurdish.
12:07 Zebari: If the commission reaches its chemical evidence, the Erdogan regime will be broken
11:42 I am in İran and Rojhilat...
24/11/2022
16:59 MKGP: 17 journalists should be released
16:20 Şenyaşar family: Our sit-in will create a butterfly effect
16:19 Application to Urfa Bar for Abdullah Öcalan
15:36 Police allegedly executed a citizen in his home in Ağrı
13:27 Condemning attacks from Kurdish parties: National unity is more urgent than yesterday
12:11 Prof. Norman Paech: Türkiye violates UN Charter
11:39 Kobanê Military Council: We have the right to fight and defend ourselves
11:10 YPG Spokesperson Mehmud: No attack will go unresponded
10:32 What's going on in İran from Mahabad to Tahran?
23/11/2022
16:35 SDF: 7 civilians and 2 YAT fighters lost their lives in the attacks